View Single Post
Old 09-05-2014, 02:26 AM

Default What is wrong with me?

My husband just went through a serious surgery for esophageal cancer. That was July 10th, I have held up under the strain until now and seem to be going downhill, even though they got all the cancer and everything looks really good.
Yesterday while I was grocery shopping I think I had an anxiety attack. I had to get out of the store and quickly went to my car where I burst into tears and cried all the way home. I was upset for the rest of the day and couldn't pin it on any thing in particular.
I have been basically housebound so could it be just a need to get out when I really don't feel like going? I keep saying I'm going to find a cancer support group but haven't done it.
We stay the winter in AZ and live in CA. Since the drs are better here we chose to have the robotic surgery at Univ of AZ Med Ctr by two of the top surgeons. Our two daughters came and were there for the whole time. He was in intensive care due to a blood clot. (27) days. It is a horrible surgery and the recovery is very slow and he can't get out much yet. I would really like to go home but to CA for a month or two but can't leave from appts with drs here.
Have I said anything that gives you an idea of what's going on with me?